Do you think it’s possible to lose weight without exercise? And if you say it’s possible, or you are a bit skeptical, would you like to know how to lose weight without exercise?
I hope you said “Yes”!
Trying to exercise for weight loss can usually be skipped because of kids to take care of, jobs to attend to and other pressing issues that come up day after day.
With all of these activities to do in one day it is usually easy to forget to exercise and that’s why it is important to look for other ways to lose weight fast without neglecting any other important issues that may need your attention.
The main purpose for this post is to show you how a busy man or woman can lose weight without allocating time for exercise.
Since there are things we must all do everyday to function properly as human beings, it is important to see if we can use those things to lose weight. Like eating and sleeping.
But I must tell you before-hand, you won’t get a six pack, you won’t have toned arms and you certainly won’t get a bubble butt.
Those things require muscles and if you want any of those, you have to go to the gym and work on building muscles.
How to Lose Weight Without Exercise
This post is only for you to drop some pounds by going about doing your normal day activities and actually lose weight without exercise.
Watch the Carbs
If this is the only thing you do on this list, then you have succeeded.
Carbs are delicious and bad for your weight loss journey.
Carbs can be your friend and your enemy at the same time. If you are working a desk job for most of the day, carbs can be your worst enemy but if you go to the gym and work on your muscles, carbs can be very good for you.
But let’s not get confused.
There are good carbs and bad carbs.
The carbs you find in your vegetables are good carbs but the white carbs like potatoes, sugar and the like are bad carbs.
Example of Good Carbs are(1):
- Vegetables: All of them. It is best to eat a variety of vegetables every day.
- Whole fruits: Apples, bananas, strawberries, etc.
- Legumes: Lentils, kidney beans, peas, etc.
- Nuts: Almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, peanuts, etc.
- Seeds: Chia seeds, pumpkin seeds.
- Whole grains: Choose grains that are truly whole, as in pure oats, quinoa, brown rice, etc.
- Tubers: Potatoes, sweet potatoes, etc.
Example of Bad Carbs are(2):
- Sugary drinks: Coca cola, Pepsi, Vitamin-water, etc. Sugary drinks are some of the unhealthiest things you can put into your body.
- Fruit juices: Unfortunately, fruit juices may have similar metabolic effects as sugar-sweetened beverages.
- White bread: These are refined carbohydrates that are low in essential nutrients and bad for metabolic health. This applies to most commercially available breads.
- Pastries, cookies and cakes: These tend to be very high in sugar and refined wheat.
- Ice cream: Most types of ice cream are very high in sugar, although there are exceptions.
- Candies and chocolates: If you’re going to eat chocolate, choose quality dark chocolate.
- French fries and potato chips: Whole potatoes are healthy, but french fries and potato chips are not.
If the white carbs aren’t burned off in the form of exercise, they will be converted into glycogen which your body turns into fat. When you stop providing your body with these carbs, your body won’t be able to produce more fat.
If you would be eager to see the damage carbs do to your body, do a complete carb detox and see the amazing changes in your body because you simply stopped eating a few things.
Eat More Protein
Because you’ve stopped eating carbs, you need to replace the lost energy with another energy source.
That’s where protein comes in.
Proteins are an energy source man has relied on from the era of the caveman.
When you get tired, instead of going after the nearest sugary snack or drink, try eating some solid protein. It doesn’t just give you more clean energy, it also helps in building your muscles.
But the thing is that you may not be able to get your daily protein when you want and that’s where protein powders come in. You can get some protein shakes that can help give you the daily dose of protein your body needs. The best in the market right now is the Whey Protein. You can check it out and pick the flavor you love best.
Fasting helps in losing weight fast. It can be a little under the nose because it means you don’t have to eat for a while so you lose weight.
As for me, I hardly fast…. or I never fast! It’s just that I like food and love eating so the idea of depriving myself of something I love is just not appealing.
But fasting can be really beneficial to some people and if you think it can help you, then by all means try it. But if you’re like me and like your food then you can use one of the other methods for losing weight here.
When fasting, you can use the easiest method of fasting which is being busy. The times I “fast” by mistake is when I’m really busy I don’t have time to eat breakfast. Then maybe I’m done by 3pm or sometimes 6 or 7pm in the night. Then I eat.
That’s the kind of fast I do. The accidental fast!
But you can consciously do your fast. You can do from 6am to 12noon. Or you can be more daring and do a 6am to 6pm fast.
There are Some Benefits to Intermittent Fasting
- It lowers your insulin level
- Increases human growth hormones
- Reduce oxidative stress and inflammation in your body
- Improved mental clarity and concentration.
- Weight and body fat loss.
- Lowered blood insulin and sugar levels.
- Reversal of type 2 diabetes.
- Increased energy.
- Improved fat burning.
- Increased growth hormone.
- Lowered blood cholesterol.
Eat More Vegetables
The carbs found in vegetables are the good carbs.
Do you know you can eat almost all the food you want to eat as long as they are the good ones?
There are many wonderful meals you can eat with only vegetables.
Instead of mashed potatoes, you could do cauliflower mashed potatoes, and roasted cauliflower with some seasoning.
You can really get any type of flavor that you want with vegetables. You just have to go explore and hunt down a recipe. (3)
Drink More Water
This one is really an awesome way to lose weight without exercise. I have been using water as a weight loss method for the past three years and I have maintained my 68kg (150 pounds) since then.
Benefits of Drinking Water (4)
- Increases Brain Power and Provides Energy.
- Promotes Healthy Weight Management and Weight Loss.
- Flush Out Toxins.
- Improves Your Complexion.
- Maintains Regularity.
- Boosts Immune System.
- Prevents Headaches.
- Prevents Cramps and Sprains.
I drink water first thing in the morning before any food enters my mouth. I went in-depth about it in my post on how to lose weight in 3 days.
Try to have a bottle of water with you anywhere you go.
Trust me, it helps a lot with your weight loss journey.
Did you enjoy this post on how to lose weight without exercise? Then you can let me know in the comment section below, and if you have any questions or suggestions I would love to hear them. Just hit me up in the comment section and I will reply you.